Inspiring Words for Inspirational Weight Loss
If losing weight was simple no-one would be struggling with obesity. As it is, about two-thirds of the adult population in the United States struggle with their weight. The longer you are overweight or obese, the harder it becomes to lose weight—and keeping weight off once it is gone is even harder. Weight loss surgery makes this process easier, as it helps restrict stomach capacity and reduces hunger so you can follow a healthier diet without the constant frustration feeling hungry.
But as you lose weight in Macon or Albany, you are going to need more than a Lap Band to transition to an overall healthier lifestyle. To successfully lose weight and keep it off you are going to need mental boosters that will keep you motivated and on track to continue striving towards your goals.
Finding Weight Loss Support
Your weight loss surgeon is a great source of support as you encounter obstacles during your weight loss program, but it isn’t possible to have your weight loss surgeon with you at all encounters with temptations. When you get home from work and feel too fatigued to go for your evening walk, or when you forget your lunch and are contemplating the damage a piece of pizza could do, you are going to need someone or something besides your weight loss surgeon to keep you on track.
Family members, friends and co-workers are also great modes of support, but much like your weight loss surgeon they are external. What are you going to do when you are all alone, but in desperate need of a helping hand?
Finding a weight loss quote that resonates with you is like having a motivational speaker in your head. These words are crafted so perfectly that no personal thought needs to go into them. As you find yourself in trouble–whether it is due to stress, fatigue or food cravings—you can reach deep into your mind and heart and use a motivational quote to raise you up when you might have otherwise stumbled.
There are thousands of motivational quotes out there that are incredibly relatable to weight loss efforts. Here are a few favorites:
- “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” –Nelson Mandela
- “All great achievements require time.” –Maya Angelou
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” –Leo Tolstoy
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” –Walt Disney
- “We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.” –Helen Keller
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” –Margaret Thatcher
- “Act as if everything you do makes a difference. It does.” –William James
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” –Lena Horne
- “The future is always beginning now.” –Mark Strand
Do you have a favorite quote that helps motivate you when you are in need of an extra push? Share it with us in a comment below!