Top 10 Habits to Lose WeightPosted: Nov 22 in Post-Bariatric Diet by Staff
Sometimes, people gain weight because they’ve gotten into bad habits. Some people mindlessly eat in front of the TV out of boredom, and others eat due to emotional stress. Just as you can develop bad eating habits, you can also develop good ones. If you are trying to lose weight in Valdosta, then the following tips may be able to help!
- If you think that you can lose weight by skipping a meal, think again. You will probably have succeeded in only making yourself famished by mealtime. This means you are likely to overeat during the next meal.
- Do not eat family-style if you want to lose weight. That only entices you to eat seconds or even thirds. If you have to get up and serve yourself more, you may realize that the only reason that you were taking seconds is because the food was right in front of you. If your family often has a lot of leftovers that drive you to overeat, try making them into lunches for the next day or start cooking less and having salad or extra veggies on the side to make up for it.
- Chew your food slowly to lose weight. This helps you appreciate the food and is a more satisfying culinary experience.
- You probably don’t need more food after dinner. Try brushing your teeth. This makes you less likely to eat again. If you are going to have dessert, try having a pear or an apple instead of a piece or cake.
- Snack on healthy foods, preferably high fiber foods, because they fill you up longer and are typically low in calories.
- Don’t skip breakfast. Breakfast can reduce your hunger later in the day.